Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids and Greenway
Position description for Grand Rapids Site & Positions description for Greenway Site
TITLE: Membership Secretary
PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
Maintains and updates all membership files of a designated unit of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Grand Rapids and Greenway in accordance with the policies and procedures of Boys & Girls of the Northland operating procedures and operating budgets of the Club. Must keep accurate data of all traffic in and out of the Club. Promote and stimulate program participation, register new members and participate in their Club orientation process and provide guidance and role modeling to members. Must keep in regular contact with parents and help to maintain the safety of the facility. Must attend meetings/trainings that facilitate Youth Development Outcomes. Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
$36,000-$40,000/year – Full time
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Assist in establishing Branch programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a Club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promote and stimulate program participation
- Register new members and participate in their Club orientation process;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
Data Entry and Membership Tracking
- Maintain and regularly updates all membership files.
- Maintain membership database:
- Track attendance of membership
- Ensure all membership data is accurate
- Regularly update database
- Provide data entry in a timely manner
- Ensure all members have appropriate paperwork completed.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports.
- Manage your own time and resources; continuously develop your own knowledge and skills.
- Must keep accurate data of all traffic in and out of the Club.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in staff meetings.
- Plan and participate in special programs and/or events.
- Understand and adhere to all the organizational standards for the Club programs.
- Understand the mission and philosophy of the local and national Boys & Girls Club.
- Promote members’ interest and participation in all Club programs.
- Efficiently answer and direct phone calls.
- Maintain a positive representation of the Club at all times.
- Other responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid State Drivers License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted tasks in conjunction with the day-to-day activities. Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.