Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids and Greenway
TITLE: Program Director
PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
Assists Branch Director with overall daily operations of a designated branch of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Grand Rapids and Greenway, following the policies and procedures as a branch of Boys & Girls Clubs of the Northland, with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration. Plans, implements, supervises, and evaluates activities provided within the program.
Health, dental, vision, life, disability, PTO and 401K
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Assist in establishing Branch programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a Club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- promote and stimulate program participation
- register new members and participate in their Club orientation process;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
Program Development and Implementation
- Plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate Branch programs and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all attendance.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
Supervision & Leadership
- Manage your own time and resources; continuously develop your own knowledge and skills.
- Support training of program staff and volunteers that facilitate Youth Development Outcomes.
- Assumes full responsibility of the Branch in the absence of the Branch Director.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in staff meetings.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Assist Branch Director in the development of annual budget.
- Orders supplies and equipment within allotted budget.
- Will contribute to the maintenance of good relations with school personnel, members, parents and the general public.
- Responsible for interpreting the objective, standards and programs of the Boys & Girls Club to staff and volunteers. Utilizing the Commitment to Quality program.
- Plan and participate in special programs and/or events
- Required to drive Club van
- Understand and adhere to all the organizational standards for the Club programs
- Understand the mission and philosophy of the local and national Boys & Girls Club
- Research topics based on interest and needs of Club members
- Promote members’ interest and participation in all Club programs
- Assume other duties as assigned
Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with children
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Valid State Drivers License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted tasks in conjunction with the day-to-day activities. Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.