Boys & Girls Clubs of the Northland
TITLE: Youth Development Professional
PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional
DEPARTMENT: Programs, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Director or Branch Director
Plans and leads a variety of activities provided within a specific program area, such as Sports, Fitness & Recreation, Health & Life Skills, Character & Leadership Development, The Arts and Education & Career Development.
$13.00-$13.50/hour. Flexible afternoon hours during school year and day hours during summer months.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Maintaining a safe environment for members, both physically and emotionally.
- Exhibits a warm, concerned attitude toward youth that uses a positive approach in dealing with individuals as well as groups of children.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively plan and lead programs, services and activities for members.
- Participates as an active, positive team member with supervisor, other staff, volunteers and members at all times by communicating effectively.
- Program tracking sheets will be completed in a timely manner including at least one new program/activity developed per week.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in staff meetings.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising groups of children.
- Is aware of Boys & Girls Club policies and will abide by them.
- May plan and lead special programs and/or events at site.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of program equipment, supplies and facility including clean up and proper use
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues and explain guidelines/ instructions.
External: Maintains positive relations with school personnel the general public and member families at all times.
- Minimum of 16 years of age at time of employment.
- Experience in working with children.
- Ability to relate well with children in Boys & Girls Club group environment.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions that are required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.