TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Area Director
Under the direct supervision of the Area Director, the Administrative Assistant’s primary role is to provide administrative support to the Area Director, focusing on management of member and donor system, volunteer management and assist with meetings and special events. This position is part-time (20-25 hours per week).
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES):
Data Management – 40%
- AA will track the following: daily ADA, and community service & volunteer hours.
- Check the accuracy of program attendance information and offer feedback when accurate records are not being kept.
- Analyze the data looking for any inconsistency or incomplete entries and to then compare actual numbers to goals.
- Keep the Area Director, Branch Director and Club staff informed about successes and areas for improvement.
- Manage and grow donor information, including sustaining donors, business partners and individual giving.
Parent/Family/Volunteer Management -30 %
- Manage membership fees.
- Parent/Family/New Member Orientations – Assist Area Director in providing parent orientations and give tours.
- Participating in newsletter & communications with Families with Area Director & Branch Directors.
Administrative Support – 30%
- Preparing for Club staff meetings, board meetings and off-site meetings.
- Responsible for processing all moneys from donors and elsewhere and relaying information to Executive Office.
- Responsible to keep record of daily programing at each Branch site.
- The AA will be expected to create documents, facilitate communication within the staff team, to the rest of BGCGRG, with community partners and parents, etc.
- Responsible for making sure that all administrative tasks are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Other Administrative duties as required by Area Director.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Data entry experience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills- especially a strong attention to detail.
- Customer Service experience- must be extremely professional and able to resolve all minor conflicts.
- Strong communication skills with kids, staff, parents and community members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate good follow through skills.
- Strong ability to follow systems and procedures.
- Ability to use computer software to design Club specific marketing pieces.
- Experience with database software.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
The above Declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.